Bolivar County GenWeb
The Charter of Incorporation of Merigold Cotton Company
1. The corporate title of said company is Merigold Cotton Company.
2. The names of the incorporators are: Joe Fink, Merigold, Miss., Guy E. Waldrop, Merigold, Miss., Rose Fink, Merigold, Miss., Etta Waldrop, Merigold, Miss.
3. The domicile is at Merigold, Bolivar County, Mississippi.
4. Amount of capital stock $2500.00.
5. The par value of shares is $50.00.
6. The period of existence (not to exceed fifty years) is fifty years.
7. The purpose for which it is created: To buy and sell cotton and cotton products; to buy and sell real estate to the extent provided for by laws of the State of Mississippi; to rent land and to conduct farming operations to the extent provided for by the laws of the State of Mississippi.
8. The right and powers that may be exercised by this corporation are those conferred by the provisions of Chapter 24, Mississippi Code, 1908.
Guy E. Waldrop
Mrs. Etta Waldrop
State of Mississippi
County of Bolivar
This day personally appeared before me, the undersigned authority, Joe Fink, Guy E. Waldrop, Rose Fink and Etta Waldrop, incorporators of the corporation known as the Merigold Cotton Company who acknowledged that they signed and executed the above and foregoing articles of incorporation as their act an deed on this the 11th day of September, 1924.
Richard Johnson, Notary Public
Received at the office of the Secretary of State, this the 27th day of October, A.D. 1924, together with the sum of $20.00 recording fee, and referred to the attorney general for his opinion.
Jos. W Power, Secretary of State
Jackson, Miss, Oct. 27, 1924.
I have examined this charter of incorporation and am of the opinion that it is not violative of the constitution and laws of this state or of the United States.
R. H. Knox, Attorney General
By E. C. Sharp, Assistant Attorney General
State of Mississippi
Executive Office, Jackson
The within and foregoing Charter of Incorporation of Merigold Cotton Company is hereby approved. In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Mississippi to be affixed, this twenty-eighth day of October, A. D., 1924.
By the Governor: H. L. Whitfield
Jos. W. Power,
Secretary of State.
Recorded October 28, 1924.