Bolivar County GenWeb
Mound Bayou Telephone Company
1. The corporate title of said company is Mound Bayou Telephone Company.
2. The names of the incorporators are: C. M. Powell, post office Mound Bayou, Mississippi; P. Moise George, post office Mound Bayou, Mississippi; C. L. Gibson, post office Mound Bayou, Mississippi; T. E. Edwards, post office Mound Bayou, Mississippi; Katie Aills, post office Mound Bayou, Mississippi.
3. The domicile is at Mound Bayou, Mississippi.
4. Amount of capital stock and particulars as to class or classes thereof: One Thousand Dollars, ($1,000.00). All common stock.
5. Number of shares for each class and par value thereof: Two hundred shares common stock, par value of each share Five Dollars.
6. The period of existence (not to exceed fifty years) is fifty years.
7. The purpose for which it is created: To operate in the Town of Mound Bayou, Mississippi, a Telephone Exchange and to furnish telephonic service to its subscribers and the general public; to contract with any other telephone, telegraph or communications company, for long distance telephone and telegraph service for its subscribers and customers, and to charge for any and all services to its customers, such rates and tolls as may be approved by the Mississippi Railroad Commission or any other authority as may be required at any time by and under the laws of the State of Mississippi; to own or lease such poles, wires, conduits, circuits, cables or other equipment or personal property necessary or usually used in the operation of a telephone company or a telephone exchange; to own real estate to the extent allowed by laws of the State of Mississippi. The rights and powers that may be exercised by this corporation, in addition to the foregoing, are those conferred by Chapter 100, Code of Mississippi of 1930.
8. Number of shares of each class to be subscribed and paid for before the corporation may begin business: Fifty shares common stock.
C. M. Powell
P. Moise George
C. L. Gibson
I. E. Edwards
State of Mississippi, County of Bolivar
This day personally appeared before me, the undersigned authority, C. M. Powell, P. Moise George, G. L. Gibson, I. E. Edwards and Katie Aills, incorporators of the corporation known as the Mound Bayou Telephone Company, who acknowledged that they signed and executed the above and foregoing articles of incorporations as their act and deed on this the 26th day of August, 1937. (SEAL)
B. A. Green, Mayor Town of Mound Bayou, Mississippi.
Received at the office of the Secretary of State, this the 30th day of August, A. D. 1937, together with the sum of $20.00 deposited to cover the recording fee, and referred to the Attorney General for his opinion. Walker Wood, Secretary of State.
Jackson, Miss., August 30th 1937
I have examined this charter of incorporation and am of the opinion that it is not violative of the Constitution and Laws of the State or of the United States. Greek L. Rice, Attorney General. By: W. W. Pierce, Assistant Attorney General
State of Mississippi, Executive Office, Jackson
The within and foregoing charter of incorporation of Mound Bayou Telephone Company is hereby approved.
In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Mississippi to be affixed, this the First day of September, 1937.
By the Governor: Walker Wood, Secretary of State, Hugh White, Governor.
Recorded: September 1, 1937.