Sunny Dell Plantation
Itawamba County, Mississippi

Contributed by Bob Franks

Sunny Dell Plantation. Built 1848.

Sunny Dell Plantation was owned by Malachai Crawford Cummings. The main house was located on a hill north of Cummings Street, north of the town of Fulton. M.C. Cummings was very active in the development of early Itawamba County. He served the county in the Mississippi legislature at an early age and was also a member of the Mississippi Secession Convention before the Civil War. M.C. Cummings came to Itawamba County during the 1830s from Columbus, Mississippi where he had married Miss Sarah Rogers. The mansion was destroyed by a fire which was ignited by some moonshine stored in the cellar. Photo courtesy of Bob Franks.


[an error occurred while processing this directive]