Clausel Hill Cemetery was started in the early 1800's, several acres
owned by Mr. Bill Arnold. Clausel Hill bottom and it's running waters
has much history.
In 1920 one little girl stepped on an unsecured plank and fell in but
was saved by a classmate.
In 1918 Bro. John Hendrix moved his boat crews up the channel past the
Old Stanley Wash Hole to channel to the Tennessee River.
In 1912 a fire destroyed Old Snowdown School which was located in the
northwest corner of land belonging to Bro. Blund Woodruff.
This divided the students to Jacinto, Odum Hill and part of Old
Snowdown, until they built another school where Snowdown Church now
stands. School was taught there until the consolidation of 1936.
Clausel Hill School had one ball team that was never defeated.
**The above article posted with permission of The Banner-Independent,
Booneville, Ms. It appeared in their History Section March 30, 2000.