United Methodist Church
Belmont United Methodist
Church, 400 3rd Street, Belmont, Mississippi 38827
The Belmont Methodist Church was organized July 28, 1881, in
the Old Valley Community, one mile east of Belmont,
Mississippi. In June 1892, the church was moved to the New
Valley Community, one mile north of Belmont.
In 1911, the church was moved to town. The building was
located on Second Avenue, one-half block off Main Street.
In 1933, a new frame building was built. This building was
sold in 1954, but it was used until the present beautiful
brick edifice was erected at the corner of 5th Street, where
the first worship service was held on Sunday, January16,
Courtsey of Tishomingo County Historical & Genealogical
The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind